Welcome to Jenerations Health Education
A nationally recognized expert on intergenerational workforces & mature markets, older customers, and caregiving, Gerontologist Jennifer FitzPatrick helps organizations across all industries respond to the business opportunities the world’s older customers present.
Jennifer FitzPatrick helps organizations across all industries save money, improve productivity, profits and employee morale.
Does your organization need help with
- Effectively promoting and selling products & services to older customers
- Dealing with the hidden productivity thief that’s robbing them of their employees’ time, energy & creativity: caring for an older family member
- Creating a workplace culture where valued employees can balance caring for an older family member while doing a great job at work
- Responding to the growing needs of older customers and their families by adapting existing products & services or creating new ones
- Recognizing possible signs of cognitive impairment or disability in older customers so service strategies can be adjusted
Send me information about how Jennifer can help my organization (click here)
The Jenerations Health Education Speakers Bureau helps healthcare organizations:
- Increase census
- Implement inexpensive, quick ways to reduce errors
- Identify why some older customers, patients and families are difficult and how to de-escalate them & reduce complaints
- Recognize and treat staff compassion fatigue and burnout before it translates into abusive or neglectful treatment of older customers, patients and families
- Gain more referrals and enhance referral relationships
- Meet continuing education and regulatory requirements
- Build respect & consensus among the ever-expanding multidisciplinary teams serving older customers, patients and families
Click here to request more information on how the Jenerations Speakers Bureau can help my organization.
Read Jen’s blog
Jen writes about a wide range of topics including: age diversity at work, dementia, caregiving and serving older clients and customers.
Read the Jenerations Health Education Blog
to find out more.