Many working caregivers are perpetually exhausted. Managing both career and the needs of a sick or disabled loved one can feel impossible, especially on work days. Here are 5 quick ways to reduce stress as a working caregiver:
- Cancel one thing on your schedule this week that isn’t absolutely essential.
- Take a 5 minute walk without your cell phone in your hand.
- Delegate one small thing each week. If you do this at work, delegate to a subordinate or colleague. Or delegate something small in your personal life to one of your kids, your spouse, a friend or another family member.
- Take a moment to focus on 5 things that you are grateful for.
- Take 5 minutes to listen to something inspirational. Or review an inspirational app or cards.
Some of my favorite youtube posts/cards/apps are available through Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, Abraham-Hicks, Ariana Huffington, Doreen Virtue and Lissa Rankin.
These small steps can help working caregivers maintain stamina during difficult periods of maintaining career and the care of a loved one. Implementing just one idea each week will help you become a healthier, happier working caregiver.